Sunday, August 14, 2011

I quite like David Fincher (the art of understating)

David Fincher is one of my favourite people ever.

He is also tied at first place with Woody Allen on the 'My Favourite Directors' list that I compiled in my head on the bus one day last year.

Here are some things that make me love him:

QUOTES

"For me, the scariest thing about a serial killer is that there’s somebody who lives next door to you, running power tools late into the night, and you don’t know he has a refrigerator full of penises."


"I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but somebody has to."


"If you have a fucking clue and a passion, people will get out of your way because people want someone to follow"


I don’t know how much movies should entertain. To me I’m always interested in movies that scar. The thing I love about “Jaws” is that I’ve never gone swimming in the ocean again.

"I wrote the necrophilia line just because I like to get the word “necrophilia” into PG-13 movies whenever possible.”


CLIPS

The Films of David Fincher:




A bunch of technical talking heads about 'Zodiac':



Fight Club Philosophy and Theoretics:




LOOK AT HIM

LOOK HOW AMAZING HE IS

LOOK HOW FLAWLESS HIS WORK IS

I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment